Monday, August 17, 2009

Workspace inspiration

Hello friends~

This is Vana from Le Papier Studio filling in for my fabulous, sweet friend, Deb.
When Deb asked me to do a guest post on her blog, I could hardly contain myself, literally. The moment I heard she needed some ideas/inspirations to help her with the workspace renovation, I started sketching. Well...here is what I came up with...

Illustration by Vana
Click on the illustration to zoom in.

A combination of built in shelving and some continuous 12" deep ledges along the perimeter of the room, will give Deb enough storage for her jewelry supplies. Some glass cabinets will double as display pieces.

Dividing her workspace into three areas (computer station, work area and the lounge/rest/meeting area) will help define her space even more.

Illustrations by Vana

Covered space heaters allow for some cozy window sitting.

via apartment therapy

I can picture this simple and elegant wooden piece in Deb's space. All her jewelry will look so pretty in such setting.

Via Dave Coote interiors

The red chair is so pretty against the blue paneling. Did I mention how much I love paneling? A LOT! It adds such richness to any space.

via from the right bank (photograph by Ditte Isager)

Last by not least, I love the little rustic frame against the cool blue wall and the black bird cage hanging from the elegant blue ribbon.

Dear Deb, this was so much fun. Thank you for allowing me to bounce some of my ideas. I can't wait to see what you end up doing with your space!

XOXO

Vana

9 comments:

Julia said...

Vana, you did an EXCELLENT job :) SO many good ideas and crafty nooks and details. I'm very impressed!

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

I love the lounge idea! All of your ideas are lovely, actually. :)
-maria

paula said...

great work! I just adore the idea of paneling.

Cindy said...

you created a beautiful and thoughtful design for deb, vana! she will love it! i especially love your sketches!

melissa loves said...

Oh my goodness Vana! This is just gorgeous and awesome! So much hard work and what a beautiful, beautiful space it would make! So much inspiration, thank you hun for sharing this. I am sure Deb will adore it!
xo
Melis

Vana said...

I loved working on it...such a great opportunity to help out a friend, plus i don't have the room to make a workspace such as this one for me. Perhaps one day, right?

Mrs.French said...

ok so here is what I am thinking...I really need you to bring all your talent and skill this way...wow...redesign my whole house please...xo t

Bonbon Oiseau said...

ho. lee. crap. this is incredible dear love. you are so getting a phone call from me for out loud ooohs, ahhs and GIANT THANKS!!! you are toooo sweet!

Vana said...

glad you liked sweet friend! It was fun working on something real:)