Monday, August 10, 2009

Sweet Gifts


Hello all... My name is Maria and I have a home design blog called vintage simple that I started not too long ago... I met Deb like we all do in this world of blogs, exchanging an email here and a comment there, also not too long ago.

When Deb asked me to do a guest post while she was away, I was initially of course deeply flattered - and shortly thereafter downright panicked. How would I come up with something cool to post on this awesome blog of hers, that was true to both my style and hers..?

I found the answer to that question via sweet imperfection. Since Deb was giving me a gift by extending this invitation, I decided to give her a gift back through the work of a wonderful photographer, whose pictures feed the interiors of my dreams.

We know Deb has been searching for some calm by reinventing her studio, so I thought additional calm was in order. So here it goes, the gift of a place for everything and everything in its place, giving us the extra elbowroom we need, both in our lives and minds...


The gift of a clear mind and the added capacity for creativity that comes along with it...


The gift of vintage finds, waiting to tell us stories that we will retell in our own words...


The gift of color, like the beautiful cobalt blue of the bottles on this window ledge...


And, finally, the gift of a little bit of rock and roll, so like Deb, I think.


(images: sweet imperfection)

8 comments:

knack said...

maria.....so fun to see you here!!

What a very fun post.......xo

blue moss said...

lovely photos
so excited to find maria here :)
michelle

Cindy said...

it's a lovely post and just what deb needs for her studio.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

What a lovely tribute to Deb....lovely photographs too.
Thanks you!
xo
Melis

Mrs.French said...

stunning post...and so lovely to see you here...xo t

Cate's Folly said...

Wow, Maria, the sweetest guest blog post I have ever seen! Delightful!

erin said...

such sweet photos! i love those bottles!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

such a sweet sweet post maria..i am so glad to know you and thnk you so much for this incredibly thoughtful post...i say yes to all of it...feeling better already!